DYU Official Forum
Ss Ff

Horn beeps occasionally on its own... (DYU D1)

My horn on my DYU D1 randomly beeps on its own. There's no set time or distance but just beeps now and then. What would cause it to do that? I have a full charge and everything works normally but the horn problem.

2 hours ago, Chell Malunay said:

Happens to me to.. :0

Thanks for letting me know am not the only one that this is happening to...

I contacted two places, the first one was [SALES3@FWHEEL.CC] and got this response; "About the horn happen to sound is normal things, please don't worry, we designed it for remind the clients for the safety.". I don't have a clue what safety they are talking about... I also contacted "F-wheel & DYU" on FaceBook and got this response; There should be something wrong with the button or the humid weather caused this issue during the shipping. Please contact your direct seller first which will help you fix it fast or email to fwheel@fwheel.cc reporting this...

I'm in the process of checking this out... I will let you know if I've found a solution or not later... It's good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this...

1 hour ago, Nicole (Nicole) Tang said:

Dear client, please don't worry about the horn sounds up sometimes, we design it for reminding the user to be careful.

Is there anyway to deactivate it?

It's really more of an annoyance than a helpful option. As for it being a reminder to be careful, can you imagine having your car or motorcycle blowing the horn as a reminder to be careful as you go down the road?  Think about it, you're sitting in your car and someone behind you blows the horn yet there's nothing that requires the horn to be used? That can be very annoying...

Are you sure it's just not a bad designed controller/bluetooth circuit board?

Edited by Ss Ff

Yes, true it doesn’t  really help because 2x it happens at a red stop light.. ?? like olala can’t you wait or are you in rush?? Hope we can deactivate it...

• Like 1

I can't find anymore useful information on this issue except others that are having the same annoying issue with the horn. There is a way to manually shut down the horn via an external switch but of course you would have to flip ON the switch if the horn was needed later during an outing. It's crude but works...

The only other options would be for DYU to either FIX the Bluetooth/Controller circuit board and stop this very annoying blowing of the horn OR create a Two-Detent Horn button. The two detent switch would work like this; when pressing the button, the first detent would connect the circuit and the second detent would blow the horn. This whole process would work via pressing the Horn button all the way down. Easy-Peasy

Oh i wish its the only problem, i encounter.. well its not really a problem but one of its features , the bike tracker/locator doesnt work for me.. the locator tracks my phone instead of the bike.. so if i void the warranty not sure if they still goin to fix it.. ? ??

13 hours ago, Chell Malunay said:

Oh i wish its the only problem, i encounter.. well its not really a problem but one of its features , the bike tracker/locator doesnt work for me.. the locator tracks my phone instead of the bike.. so if i void the warranty not sure if they still goin to fix it.. ? ??

As long as you don't modify the bike like I did, I don't see why your warranty would be voided (As for the warranty, they only last so long...)  As for the locator tracking system, I don't have a clue how that works...

Well, the bike locator in the app was the one on the lower left side that looks lile a compass.. well they say that only works in china.. will probabably try to fix this crazy horn soon then. ??

• Like 1

When the bike goes up and down, brakes, accelerates, or the road is uneven, it occasionally sounds, which is a normal reacition of the bike. It's a safety reminding sound. If the horn sound is lasting for a long time, then it is abnormal.

4 hours ago, Jesse Jin said:

When the bike goes up and down, brakes, accelerates, or the road is uneven, it occasionally sounds, which is a normal reacition of the bike. It's a safety reminding sound. If the horn sound is lasting for a long time, then it is abnormal.

Hi, i understand that blowing the horn is normal in many Asia countries, including China, as i have travelled to many of them, but in Europe this is totally different. Blowing the horn in most European countries is even prohibited in certain areas or without reason. It is also considered as extremelly annoying and rude behaviour for people here. So we expect a solution or software update to eliminate this problem. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

The problem lies in the Bluetooth board or program of the APP. The next version APP in May 2019 will solve the problem or you can use the method provided by users above to settle it temporarily.

15 hours ago, Vasileios Skarlatos said:

Hi, i understand that blowing the horn is normal in many Asia countries, including China, as i have travelled to many of them, but in Europe this is totally different. Blowing the horn in most European countries is even prohibited in certain areas or without reason. It is also considered as extremelly annoying and rude behaviour for people here. So we expect a solution or software update to eliminate this problem. Thank you in advan

Hi, you previously answered that "The next version APP in May 2019 will solve the problem"..

The new version was released but the horn beeping problem didnt go away. What should we expect now? Is it possible to solve this problem by a new software update?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 4:52 AM, Vasileios Skarlatos said:

Hi, you previously answered that "The next version APP in May 2019 will solve the problem"..

The new version was released but the horn beeping problem didnt go away. What should we expect now? Is it possible to solve this problem by a new software update?

@Rosy (Rosy Chen) Chen@Nicole (Nicole) Tang @Robin Huang