DYU Official Forum

DYU D3F Modes, controls and Bluetooth apps

I've just bought a D3F to replace my stolen D3+, I loved the D3+ and it was perfect for my needs. 

My D3+ had clear mode control on its handlebars, but the D3F that I have only has the D1-type controls. No LCD speedometer or meter, just the power level and cruise button.

Is there a way to manually change the power-assist modes on this D3F?

If not, can I just buy and install the D3+ controls? As the D3F is  much slower than the D3+ I suspect it's currently in the lowest mode/gear setting.

My D3+ did go faster after the first 10Km but I can't get the App to work to test it. I've tried both the DYU and CO2 Apps, removing them and re-installing them several times and tried other Android phones but the Apps are still not working. My phones can not sense a bluetooth signal coming from the D3F even without the App.

regards,

Shaun Salter.

Edited by Shaun Salter
typo

Ah Just been told by the helpful vendor that this D3F doesn't have the Bluetooth card installed, which explains the lack of signal!

The DQHB2.6 - CD3f controller in my D3F does have an unused 4 pin cable (Brown-gray-orange-black wires) which I think is for a Bluetooth card, there is a space for the card in the pod as with the other D3 models. Does anyone have the wiring schematic for this controller so I can check? I may just be able to buy and install the card seperately.

Regards,

Shaun Salter

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 6:20 AM, Shaun Salter said:

Ah Just been told by the helpful vendor that this D3F doesn't have the Bluetooth card installed, which explains the lack of signal!

The DQHB2.6 - CD3f controller in my D3F does have an unused 4 pin cable (Brown-gray-orange-black wires) which I think is for a Bluetooth card, there is a space for the card in the pod as with the other D3 models. Does anyone have the wiring schematic for this controller so I can check? I may just be able to buy and install the card seperately.

Regards,

Shaun Salter

Dear Shaun, I asked the engineer, he said it's not recommened to add the Bluetooth card, which's due to the signal issue. D3F bike frame is metal, which differentiates with D3Plus

• 2 months later...