DYU Official Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BestElectricScooter

Is This The Fastest Electric Scooter?

Hi everyone. I was reading about the NanRobot D5 over at scooterselect.com. They say it's top speed is 40 MPH maybe 50 MPH depending on how heavy the rider is. Is this the fastest legal electric scooter? Or is there another model I can get that is faster? They say it can do 50 miles on a full charge, I believe this might be true because it has 2 batteries, is this true? Does anyone have the NanRobot D5? Is it ant good? I want to know before I get one. Many thanks 🙂

NanRobot D5.gif

• Like 1

I bought one, haven't used it yet, new to scooter riding, but the item seems well built, but you need to go over all screws and bolts first to tighten, seems to be a common issue, mine is no different.  The manual sucks, no diagrams, doesn't spell out what the remotes do anything.  Product looks great will handle a lot of weight, I'm a big guy and mine came quickly.

Hi, Deaner, thanks for the feedback and sharing much.  We'll improve the manual according to the feedback for a better user experience. Besides, you can leave message here for questions and needs about the bike, we'll reply soon.

as I know through apknite, the fastest electric scooter is NANROBOT LS7 Electric Scooter with a top speed of 52 mph

17 hours ago, tonirose said:

as I know through apknite, the fastest electric scooter is NANROBOT LS7 Electric Scooter with a top speed of 52 mph

which is not recommended for the sake of safety.

That's extremely fast! Probably the fastest one I've heard of. Really risky though. In Denmark the fastest is MCU-Sport 48V Brushless 1600W Xtreme which can go 31 MPH (50 km/h). Actually Denmark passed a law stating that any electric scooter which can go faster than 20 km/h (12.5 MPH) is illegal on public roads. So I guess we won't experience the insanity of the Nanrobot LS7.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, DK_SCOOTER said:

That's extremely fast! Probably the fastest one I've heard of. Really risky though. In Denmark the fastest is MCU-Sport 48V Brushless 1600W Xtreme which can go 31 MPH (50 km/h). Actually Denmark passed a law stating that any electric scooter which can go faster than 20 km/h (12.5 MPH) is illegal on public roads. So I guess we won't experience the insanity of the Nanrobot LS7.

When someone needs a insanely high speed, he'd better take a car. Any scooter or ebike with only 2 wheels doesn't has the stability like cars.

When someone needs a insanely high speed, he'd better take a car. Any scooter or ebike with only 2 wheels doesn't has the stability like cars.

Agree.  I have a DYU D1, I'd like it to go 20mphish.. but anything more and it wouldn't be safe, it's already wobbly at 15mph with the small 12" wheels.. for better stability you'd have to have bigger wheels and more weight to make it more stable.. would be great to have DYU start thinking about making an electric motorcycle or scooter that gets like 45mph top speed.. for around town.  Bigger wheels.. nice frame.. fast charge.. 40-45mph top speed(cause some roads in town are this speed and it's not safe to go slower when everyone else going this speed or more).. nice sleek look like the DYU electric bikes.. etc.  If it was priced between 1k and 1.5k USD,  or even cheaper but still quality, that would be amazing.

Edited by DYURider