Jump to content
DYU Official Forum

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I was reading about the NanRobot D5 over at scooterselect.com. They say it's top speed is 40 MPH maybe 50 MPH depending on how heavy the rider is. Is this the fastest legal electric scooter? Or is there another model I can get that is faster? They say it can do 50 miles on a full charge, I believe this might be true because it has 2 batteries, is this true? Does anyone have the NanRobot D5? Is it ant good? I want to know before I get one. Many thanks 🙂

NanRobot D5.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought one, haven't used it yet, new to scooter riding, but the item seems well built, but you need to go over all screws and bolts first to tighten, seems to be a common issue, mine is no different.  The manual sucks, no diagrams, doesn't spell out what the remotes do anything.  Product looks great will handle a lot of weight, I'm a big guy and mine came quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That's extremely fast! Probably the fastest one I've heard of. Really risky though. In Denmark the fastest is MCU-Sport 48V Brushless 1600W Xtreme which can go 31 MPH (50 km/h). Actually Denmark passed a law stating that any electric scooter which can go faster than 20 km/h (12.5 MPH) is illegal on public roads. So I guess we won't experience the insanity of the Nanrobot LS7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, DK_SCOOTER said:

That's extremely fast! Probably the fastest one I've heard of. Really risky though. In Denmark the fastest is MCU-Sport 48V Brushless 1600W Xtreme which can go 31 MPH (50 km/h). Actually Denmark passed a law stating that any electric scooter which can go faster than 20 km/h (12.5 MPH) is illegal on public roads. So I guess we won't experience the insanity of the Nanrobot LS7.

When someone needs a insanely high speed, he'd better take a car. Any scooter or ebike with only 2 wheels doesn't has the stability like cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Quote

When someone needs a insanely high speed, he'd better take a car. Any scooter or ebike with only 2 wheels doesn't has the stability like cars.

Agree.  I have a DYU D1, I'd like it to go 20mphish.. but anything more and it wouldn't be safe, it's already wobbly at 15mph with the small 12" wheels.. for better stability you'd have to have bigger wheels and more weight to make it more stable.. would be great to have DYU start thinking about making an electric motorcycle or scooter that gets like 45mph top speed.. for around town.  Bigger wheels.. nice frame.. fast charge.. 40-45mph top speed(cause some roads in town are this speed and it's not safe to go slower when everyone else going this speed or more).. nice sleek look like the DYU electric bikes.. etc.  If it was priced between 1k and 1.5k USD,  or even cheaper but still quality, that would be amazing.

Edited by DYURider
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 12:42 AM, DYURider said:

Agree.  I have a DYU D1, I'd like it to go 20mphish.. but anything more and it wouldn't be safe, it's already wobbly at 15mph with the small 12" wheels.. for better stability you'd have to have bigger wheels and more weight to make it more stable.. would be great to have DYU start thinking about making an electric motorcycle or scooter that gets like 45mph top speed.. for around town.  Bigger wheels.. nice frame.. fast charge.. 40-45mph top speed(cause some roads in town are this speed and it's not safe to go slower when everyone else going this speed or more).. nice sleek look like the DYU electric bikes.. etc.  If it was priced between 1k and 1.5k USD,  or even cheaper but still quality, that would be amazing.

There is some model of DYU with 14'' bigger wheels. But none of them can reach 40-45mph. Maybe they develope some bigger ones in the future according to your advice.

What DYU care most at present is the portable size, nice appearance and performance stability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:24 PM, Jesse Jin said:

There is some model of DYU with 14'' bigger wheels. But none of them can reach 40-45mph. Maybe they develope some bigger ones in the future according to your advice.

What DYU care most at present is the portable size, nice appearance and performance stability. 

No, you wouldn't want small tires, even 14" on something fast(30+ mph).  You'd need at LEAST 20" or bigger probably.. "maybe" 16" but that's risky depending on their design.  14" on a 20-25mph would be acceptable, and preferrable to the 12".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 7:19 AM, DYURider said:

No, you wouldn't want small tires, even 14" on something fast(30+ mph).  You'd need at LEAST 20" or bigger probably.. "maybe" 16" but that's risky depending on their design.  14" on a 20-25mph would be acceptable, and preferrable to the 12".

That's true, but 12'' would not be good enough on small pothole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...