DYU Official Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nicky Nick

De-activation of accelerator on DYU D2 to comply with legal rules in Italy

Hello everybody.

I am a new user of this forum but I have been an happy owner of a DYU D2 since one year. In Italy, the country where I live, it is illegal to use the DYU D2 on public roads due to the accelerator. I would like to know how it is possible to de-activate the use of the accelerator, either changing the settings in the DYU Android app or through hardware modifications (e.g. disconnecting the electric wire of the accelerator from the motherboard). Thank you very much for your attention and any support you'll be able to provide.

• Like 1

Thank for your answer. I am aware that it is possible to inhibit the functionality of the accelerator knob for the start up, via DYU App. I've already done it, selecting non-zero start in the start-up settings. Doing so, you shall use the pedals to initiate the movement of the bycicle. I am just wondering whether it would be possible to completely inhibit the use of the accelerator from the App. I am not an expert and I do not really know the effort to make such software update. However, I think that it might be worth for the Manufacturer if it allows the safe and legal use of the ebike in the Country; I do not know the sales figures in Italy but I personally know a few owners of the DYU D2... Is there any chance to have this option available in future or I have to dismiss my beloved DYU D2?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 6:00 PM, Nicky Nick said:

Thank for your answer. I am aware that it is possible to inhibit the functionality of the accelerator knob for the start up, via DYU App. I've already done it, selecting non-zero start in the start-up settings. Doing so, you shall use the pedals to initiate the movement of the bycicle. I am just wondering whether it would be possible to completely inhibit the use of the accelerator from the App. I am not an expert and I do not really know the effort to make such software update. However, I think that it might be worth for the Manufacturer if it allows the safe and legal use of the ebike in the Country; I do not know the sales figures in Italy but I personally know a few owners of the DYU D2... Is there any chance to have this option available in future or I have to dismiss my beloved DYU D2?

@Rosy (Rosy Chen) Chen@Nicole (Nicole) Tang @Robin Huang