DYU Official Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DYURider

Cover for Charger

Badly designed.  Yes, it has a little rubber thing that goes directly over the actual port, which is a great feature.  But, the area itself has a large floppy rubber thing that really doesn't snuggly fit without a huge waste of time wiggling it around trying to get it properly in place, which is annoying and time consuming and it's still loose no matter what you do so if it's protecting against water.. forget it.

It's not a big deal, but the flare/taper in the middle of the handlebars makes it hard to mount a cellphone holder, if it was not flared/tapered it would be so easy.

Another note, the brake, you have to either VERY GENTLY hold it to stop very slowly(what I do most times) or squeeze it super hard and stop super fast, because if you just squeeze anywhere in the middle the whole bike vibrates in a pulsing manner which is disconcerting and annoying as it jiggle you all over the place.  

After a while owning this bike, the D1, that's what I've noticed.

Edited by DYURider

On 12/9/2019 at 4:41 AM, DYURider said:

After a while owning this bike, the D1, that's what I've noticed.

Hi friend, very sorry hearing about it. Those problems are not big and can be solved with proper treatment. Could you please contact our sales to help you out of it? I'm sure all your problem can be solved by our sales by leaving a message here: https://www.fwheel.cc/contact-us/

On 12/10/2019 at 11:41 PM, Jesse Jin said:

Hi friend, very sorry hearing about it. Those problems are not big and can be solved with proper treatment. Could you please contact our sales to help you out of it? I'm sure all your problem can be solved by our sales by leaving a message here: https://www.fwheel.cc/contact-us/

Well, it's not solvable at this point, as it's a manufactured part.  The only way I could solve it myself would be to 3D print a better cover, but that's too much effort, so for now I just don't ride in wet conditions.. just in case.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, DYURider said:

Well, it's not solvable at this point, as it's a manufactured part.  The only way I could solve it myself would be to 3D print a better cover, but that's too much effort, so for now I just don't ride in wet conditions.. just in case.

That's true, wet conditons are bad to most e bikes. We really haven't heard about problems about the rubber cover,  it's a valuable finding, thanks for sharing, this design will be improved later.